Decoding the human brain is one of the most challenging scientific endeavours of the 21st century.
Becoming a member of EBRAINS
EBRAINS was founded in Brussels in 2019 as an international non-profit association. Its objective is to promote research and innovation in the field of brain science, in particular through the creation and operation of a European-led, cutting-edge, ICT-based scientific and medical research infrastructure. The EBRAINS Research Infrastructure supports brain research and related translational activities, which include both clinical and brain-inspired technologies.
The association aims to further co-develop the tools and services provided by its Research Infrastructure, making it adaptable and flexible by catalysing the community effort. EBRAINS acts as a Central Hub that coordinates a pan-European distributed network of services delivered through National Nodes.
Conditions of membership
The articles of association allow two types of members in the EBRAINS AISBL:
- This is the pathway towards influence over the nature and architecture of the Research Infrastructure that EBRAINS is building, including the selection of services and curation of its functionalities.
- Full Members will have the possibility of offering services on the platform, hence ensuring growing interest in the outcome of their research and allowing for their continued development.
- Full Members will be in the position to influence the funding strategy of EBRAINS by being actively consulted for the development of new project consortia built around the use of the Research Infrastructure.
- This is the opportunity to follow closely the development of the Research Infrastructure.
- Associate Members will have the possibility of proposing services for consideration on the platform, hence ensuring growing interest in the outcome of their research and allowing for their continued development.
- Associate Members may cooperate with Full Members in developing new project consortia built around the use of the Research Infrastructure.
Do you wish to learn more about becoming a member of EBRAINS?